Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: For those of you with six or more dolls...

  1. #1
    Dancingfewl423
    Guest Dancingfewl423's Avatar

    Arrow

    How do you handle them? I only have six, yet I already feel like I don't have enough time to love all of them and that they're losing their special qualities - yet I want so many more! How do you manage to find time for all of them and to make sure they don't lose their special meaning to you? I really appreciate any advice [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    fly-away
    Guest fly-away's Avatar

    Post

    I just got my 6th doll and Addy is being exchanged for a new Addy so I might not be a huge help on this one... [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I usually play with them all at once or two or three or even one at a time, but they all have turns being played with. I do not consider myself having a whole lot of dolls, since I have not gotten all six since January or anything, all of them have been gotten in the past 5 years, one a year excpect one year I got 2.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2005
    Posts
    442
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I usually will do something with a doll for one day and then do something with a different doll another day such as doing there hair or changing there outfits. For all the today girls I set up special displays on my bookshelf and on the floor and rotate who goes where each day so when I go to bed I can see one of them. For the historicals I have a different display but that is right next to my bed so sometimes they end up on my bed. I still want more dolls and are always arranging for more!

  4. #4
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    They usually get played with all together. Especially if we are making a stop motion movie. We have spa/hair days. Or we remember thier birthdays. DD is careful that everyone gets a chance to go places. The places she takes them depends on thier personality. Kit went with us to a Cubs game. Kaya is the only one with clothes for winter so she is the only one out when it is cold. My inlaws are old school Italian and don't understand why she likes Addy so much, so Addy ALWAYS comes to Grandma's house. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ColonialGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2005
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently got my 6th doll and I admit, I was having some dolly guilt. I wasn't sure how to give enough attention to the new girl without making the others feel bad. It ended up being just fine adding the new girl to activities.

    One thing that I find helpful is that some of my dolls are really good friends with each other. Like Felicity and Elizabeth. I always set them next to each other and it seems like they're happy being with a friend even if they don't get much attention that day.

    I'm also in the process of setting up an AG area so the girls will always be displayed.

    Good luck with your girls. I know how you feel about wanting a small group, but also wanting more at the same time!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member AngieBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 8 girls and am anticipating adding Emily and maybe Molly to my family soon. I take turns with the dolls- bringing them in to sit with me, changing their clothes, etc. I've also declared Samantha my favorite and keep reminding myself that it's ok for me to give her extra attention. If I worry about treating them all fairly, it just gets too stressful. After all, as much as I love them all, they are dolls, not live children and won't be tramatized. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I tend to go through different phases of being really into one time period or another. Right now, it's the 30s and 40s, so I'm putting some of them in Molly and Kit clothes.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member StephanieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2006
    Posts
    279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 9 right now and I don't feel like any are neglected. If you put them in different places all over your house then it doesn't feel like you have so many [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 13 [img]eek.gif[/img] (but I know that's not as many as some people have, lol. I usually play with all of them together... that is why they fight all the time. I also think it's helpful that they all have best friends, so they have someone to talk to. Samantha and the new girl(s) are definitely my favorites though, but the other girls don't really care.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 15 18in dolls, plus Keren my Gali Girl(also 18in), my Bitty Twins, Hallie and Courtney(Teen Trends). I don't do as much with Kaya because I don't have anything else for her to wear, or my LEs. After dropping Marisol 2 stories off a road bridge and VERY luckily getting her back the next day, I don't take my LEs out very much. It's also easier to do things with Kit and Samantha because their hair is more easily fixable.

    However, the main problem is that my dolls are all on high shelves that are difficult to reach. My historicals are on the highest shelf right under the ceiling, and the rest of my dolls are right below the historicals. It's hard to get them down and put them back up and my 12ft by 16ft studio apartment is so small that there isn't room for the dolls to go anywhere else except my bed. But this might be changing soon, as a pro organizer is coming to help me find places for everything and she knows that the dolls are important to me.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 03, 2006 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just rotate mine... I keep no more than 5 out at a time.. the rest right now sit in boxes sleeping and patiently waiting for their turn.. atleast that way they all get individual attention and none of them ever get "old" hehe [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Currently I have a Lissie, #24, #26, Elizabeth and #7 out and about! I also have to give some room for my stardust classics and precious moments ... it can get quite tricky! I love them all though and recently I sold my #21 and #23 and am having some regrets.... they may rejoin the family someday! heh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •